OnLive partners with Ouya

Home     Forums     General Forums     Gaming News     OnLive partners with Ouya

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The online streaming video game service OnLive adds another high-profile partner: the upcoming Ouya home console.

In a blog post published Friday, OnLive announced it would bring its service to the console at launch next year.

“Like Ouya, we came to gaming with a new vision for making top-quality gaming accessible to more people, and we continue to look for ways to expand on that vision,” says OnLive general manager Bruce Grove in the post.

The version of OnLive for Ouya will feature “hundreds” of on-demand games, instant demos and the ability to pick up saved games on other devices such as PCs and tablets. OnLive features home console games from publishers including THQ (Darksiders II), Warner Bros. Interactive (Batman: Arkham City) and 2K (Borderlands).

The Ouya console, revealed earlier this month, features an open Android-based operating system and access to an online games store. The device is expected to sell for under $100.

According to the Kickstarter page for Ouya, the console has raised more than $5.5 million.

Source: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/07/onlive-jumping-to-ouya-video-game-console/1#.UBWQYrRv-HM

Interesting, looks like the Ouya system is getting a lot of backers now. OnLive seems like it will put a lot of games on the Ouya, and the ability to pick up saved games on tablets and pcs is awesome. Let’s just hope the Ouya actually becomes a system and not just an idea.

Your thoughts on this?

EDIT: Sorry, posted in the wrong section. Admin, please move to gaming news section. Thanks.

Lynqoid
    Keymaster

I have now moved this topic.

Lynqoid
    Keymaster

Kickstarter is a great project, I just have to say that.

Wow this is the part which makes thing, I might have to get one.
    2The Ouya console, revealed earlier this month, features an open Android-based operating system and access to an online games store. The device is expected to sell for under $100.”.

Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.