What program to record the screen while i'm gaming?

Home     Forums     General Forums     The Tavern     What program to record the screen while i'm gaming?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone.  I watch a lot of youtube videos of people playing video games.  I think I’d like to start making my own videos.

I’m wondering what program I should use to record what’s happening on my screen.

I hear a lot about camtasia, but it slows my computer down so much and drops my FPS greatly.  Is there anything that’s a little less ram intensive?

Lynqoid
    Keymaster

You could use any of the following…

Camtasia
    my favourite, you can tweaks the settings to get better performance.

Fraps
    A good program for purely capturing video

Wegame
    A free recorder and uploader of videos

I personally use camtasia and switch to windowed mode and then reduce the resultion of the game down to 1280

Good luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I usually use Fraps. I don’t like recording my voice or anything so I just record the video quickly and then I can add music or whatever later.

Lynqoid
    Keymaster

It’s difficult to weigh up the benefit a video will get from voice. Sometimes, especially in games like cod people just want fast action with music.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree, Lyng. Granted, sometimes I do enjoy watching narrated videos, like with guides or if the person is especially funny, but usually I just prefer a neat killshot video with music in the background.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.