Wii U will have 3ds compatibility, but not at launch

Home     Forums     General Forums     Gaming News     Wii U will have 3ds compatibility, but not at launch

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It has recently been confirmed to me from my anonymous source, who has given me rumours previously and has very strong ties with Nintendo, has confirmed that the Wii U will support 3D – and in 1080p too!

Nintendo’s Saturo Iwata has been questioned about 3D and the Wii U before, to which he replied; “If you are going to connect Wii U with a home TV capable of displaying 3-D images, technologically, yes, it is going to be possible, but that’s not the area we are focusing on.” Neither confirmation nor denial were expressed here, meaning that this news might not be new to everyone.

The new pieces of news that I have received, however, detail that the Wii U will support full 3D in 1080p and 60FPS – however, as I understand, the Wii U Gamepad will not have video streamed to it, but it can only be used as a controller. Without the additional strain that the Gamepad has, I can imagine this to be true; remember, using 2 Wii U Gamepads on one system will limit the framerate to 30FPS.

There are no titles at launch that will make use of this feature so is likely still being polished by Nintendo so will be announced at a later time. But it brings a question to mind: do we really need 3D? Does it really bring that much more to a video game? As someone who has yet to play any home console title in 3D, I’m unsure, but it’s likely that those who have will have a very different opinion.

Leave your thoughts below.

Source: http://www.thegamerscene.com/2012/07/wii-u-will-have-3d-compatibility-but-not-at-launch/

An interesting rumor. I believe it to be true, since I know Smash Bros. is going to somehow make use of being able to be compatible with the 3ds.

What I want to know is, what does having compatiblity with the 3ds give to the Wii U besides just having games in 3d?

Lynqoid
    Keymaster

I always liked the classic DreamCast that had a controller with a screen on that interacted with the console itself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t even know it could do that. So, do you think the 3ds will be able to be used as a controller for many games on the Wii U?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea I remember that about the DreamCast it was always known as “before it’s time”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Really? I had a Dreamcast and I really didn’t even know it could do that. I wonder why I never found that out…

Anyways…TheDude1, what do you thnk about the Wii U having 3ds compatibility?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am loving it, I always enjoyed the way dreamcast had like a little utility/inventory type thing in the controller.

The best thing though is to game on the go and then come home and plug in your mobile device (3DS) and then carry on the game in a more intense fashion on your larger screen and comfy seat.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Reallly? That would be so amazing if you could do that. You wouldn’t have to interrupt playing a game just because you aren’t traveling anywhere for a while.

Lynqoid
    Keymaster

That does sound awesome, someone must develop it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

3D, cool, I read a little about the Wii U but never heard it will have 3D compatibility plus 1080p resolution – does anyone have a reference to some of this information on nintendo’s website?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.